ICE

  • Darren Leck
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2003
      Yet another win for the MX this weekend.
      Mind you a big panic whilst travelling on friday down to santa pod,
      my monoblock died and left me with no bass.
      Got a lower powered replacement and managed to set it up on sunday
      just in time for the competition.........phew.
      Went down to witney on saturday and called into a place called OSELLI
      who, for 1500 pounds would lighten balance rebore and do some gas
      work to the head. How does that sound to people on here?
    • ianlinden_uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2003
        Darren,

        I'd say compare it (price and performance) with fitting a KLDE 2.5
        litre engine out of a MX-6. Its apparently a drop-in change, and
        adds 40 bhp and 50 lb-ft torque; I don't think Oselli's mods would
        come anywhere near that. Of course, you need to find the engine, and
        someone to do the work, but you end up with a standard (no extra
        stress) engine. If you want more relaxed high speed cruising, also
        fit the MX-6 gearbox; it has a higher final drive.

        Ian

        --- In mazdamx3ownersuk@..., "Darren Leck"