Help my mx3 is sick

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Right, has anyone ever experienced problams with their mx3(v6)
      basically pumping a shed load of petrol into the engine? My car is a
      92 j reg, v6, 138,000miles. Ive owned her 3 years, Last year fitted
      a stainless exhaust, without the cat, otherwise its unmodified. In
      feb/march it had new plugs and leads, whilst doing this a small oil
      leak was discovered so a new gasket was fitted to the front rocker
      cover. A week or two later the car started to mis-fire, at first it
      was intermitent, but soon got worse. A new distributor was fitted,
      but no difference. I then had an auto elecrtrician detect a fault
      with the Lambda? sensors. This made perfect sense as it was quite
      obviously pumping in too much fuel.
      Well after waiting two weeks fot the new sensors, they have been
      fitted and it is exactly the same as before. Im now thinking it
      could be a ECU fault even though there is not one indicated. Im very
      annoyed as im going to miss out on the gumball and japfest which ive
      been really looking forward to.
      Has anyone had a similar prob?? Please any info would help.
      Thanks. Dave
    • ianlinden_uk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2005
        Your best bet is to go to the online manual at www.mx-3.com and start
        working through the troubleshooting guide which starts at Page F2-18.

        --- In mazdamx3ownersuk@..., "Dave" <david@d...> wrote:
        > Right, has anyone ever experienced problams with their mx3(v6)
        > basically pumping a shed load of petrol into the engine? My car is
        > 92 j reg, v6, 138,000miles. Ive owned her 3 years, Last year fitted
        > a stainless exhaust, without the cat, otherwise its unmodified. In
        > feb/march it had new plugs and leads, whilst doing this a small oil
        > leak was discovered so a new gasket was fitted to the front rocker
        > cover. A week or two later the car started to mis-fire, at first it
        > was intermitent, but soon got worse. A new distributor was fitted,
        > but no difference. I then had an auto elecrtrician detect a fault
        > with the Lambda? sensors. This made perfect sense as it was quite
        > obviously pumping in too much fuel.
        > Well after waiting two weeks fot the new sensors, they have been
        > fitted and it is exactly the same as before. Im now thinking it
        > could be a ECU fault even though there is not one indicated. Im
        very
        > annoyed as im going to miss out on the gumball and japfest which
        ive
        > been really looking forward to.
        > Has anyone had a similar prob?? Please any info would help.
        > Thanks. Dave
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2005
          Thanks Ian, will do.