Welcome

  • Julia Rees
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi Girls and welcome to the group. It would be nice if you could all
      post just a few lines to tell us who you are. I'm hoping that this
      will be a really friendly group, so lets start as I mean to go on :)

      As you have guessed, I'm Julia. I'm 51, live in Cardiff, and have
      been cross stitching for about 25 years. Long before it was
      fashionable! I've been working with Mike for a few years now.
      Before that I was selling my own designs to various magazines. Now
      that I work for Mike I don't do much of my own designing, just
      special things like my kids wedding samplers. At the moment I'm
      stitching the Wedding Sampler for friends who got married a few
      months ago. Memo to self: Finish it!!! What are you all stitching
      at the moment? Enough rambling from me. I look forward to reading
      your introductions.

      Julia
    • Mieke Punch-Lucken
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2006
        Hi Julia,

        As you know I am Mieke, I am 41 and married to Charles and living in a small zoo (two cats, an avery with 18 birds and an aquarium, all in the livingroom where we sleep too..... lol). I have been cross stitching since I was a child and I do it mostly all day long, if I am not doing my voluntary work as a moderator on a Christian messageboard (I lead the prayerforum and the ladies' section and two groups) which is a lot of work too with over 10.000 members..... but I love doing that too..... I also make a lot of 3D-cards and send those and my embroideries to people who need encouragement and also people who have something to celebrate. It is a little Ministry, well it is not that little anymore..... lol... and it is based on Christian principles..... so I am pretty busy with that too..... besides that I embroider for Solak.
        Currently I am doing a bookmark, a weddingsampler for a wedding in November, and a wolf for Solak...... and about a thousand other things..... I have a waitinglist for my embroideries..... lol.... the only things that don't end up there are babythings and weddingsamplers or celebrational events....... but the rest is on the waitinglist......
        Physically I am not doing well. I am bedridden, severely disabled and I am awaiting a surgery in October (galbladder removal), and with my poor health and my husbands healthproblems we spend at least a day every week in the hospital or with someone else in the healthsection........ but we survive and we still have a happy life......
        Nice to be in this group..... thanks for inviting me.....

        Love,
        Mieke

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
          Welcome Mieke. You are one busy lady! Enjoy the group.

          Julia

          --- In michaelpowellcrossstitchart@..., "Mieke Punch-
          Lucken" <miepie2003@g...> wrote:

> [...]
          all
          > > post just a few lines to tell us who you are. I'm hoping that
          this
          > > will be a really friendly group, so lets start as I mean to go
          on :)

          > > As you have guessed, I'm Julia. I'm 51, live in Cardiff, and have
          > > been cross stitching for about 25 years. Long before it was
          > > fashionable! I've been working with Mike for a few years now.
          > > Before that I was selling my own designs to various magazines.
          Now
          > > that I work for Mike I don't do much of my own designing, just
          > > special things like my kids wedding samplers. At the moment I'm
          > > stitching the Wedding Sampler for friends who got married a few
          > > months ago. Memo to self: Finish it!!! What are you all
          stitching
          > > at the moment? Enough rambling from me. I look forward to

        • gayleredhead
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
            Hi

            I'm Gayle and I've just joined! Have been stitching for 3 years and
            have never had a favourite designer until I discovered the work of
            Michael and now there's no stopping how many of his designs I want to
            complete!!

            Am currently working on Tuscan Gardens III and am saving my pennies for
            the big one which I love!!

            Glad I found this group and hope to speak to you all soon.

            Gayle x
          • Joan Pavlick
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
              Welcome Gayle, Are you going to join us in the first xchange? I am Joan and I have been stitching so long it make me cringe when I think about it. Well since I am 14. That is a long time. Well see you around the group. Post us some of you pics Joan

              gayleredhead <gayleredhead@...> wrote:
              Hi

              I'm Gayle and I've just joined! Have been stitching for 3 years and
              have never had a favourite designer until I discovered the work of
              Michael and now there's no stopping how many of his designs I want to
              complete!!

              Am currently working on Tuscan Gardens III and am saving my pennies for
              the big one which I love!!

              Glad I found this group and hope to speak to you all soon.

              Gayle x

              Have a Wonderful Stitching Day - Joan P
              Visit: (Opening soon)
              http://www.sapphirestitching.com
              Visit for 18" doll clothes:
              http://www.sewcutedollclothesbyjoan.com
              Check out my pics:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joans-sew-b-it-xstitching/
            • nabbycat@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
                Hi Gayle,
                Welcome to this group; I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.  I'm Sherry in Tacoma, WA, and have been stitching since 87.  I've only done one MP design so far, with plans and hope to do more.
                SherryLee