Re: July Meeting

  • nice_1979_guy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2008
      Hi all,
      I am aiming for the 1st weekend in July for our next meeting. I am
      still waiting for a price from the Methodist Church @ Earlsdon
      (Coventry) and also some information on prices for Warwick University.

      As soon as the details are clarified I will post it here, on the
      website and at Amigaworld.net (if I can remember)

      In the mean time could I get some discussion going? I was looking for
      some more feedback about the website, perhaps some ideas of what else
      we can put on there etc. What about the meeting; what do people want
      to do? Should I see if I can get a little trophy sorted out for a
      small tournament? What would people like a tournament of? Any
      suggestions welcome!

      Cheers
      Luke
    • Ian Oakley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2008

        Hi

        As usual I can be relied upon to bring some sort of Amiga hardware.

        I’ve recently dusted down my Power Tower and have a working system with OS4 classic installed.

        My Dbox is on the “operating” table and my intention is to get that up and running with a populated mediator board. I’ve got the latest drivers from Elbox and as Radeon 9200 PCI boards are readily available might go down that route as that should give an improvement graphically over the Voodoo. However there are issues (as usual) with the Mediator LT4 board and these graphics cards but things are in the planning stage so this might be a working project if the meeting goes ahead.

        My other Amigas are also available (2 A400 and a CD32 with SX add on).

        I purchased a catweasel mark IV a couple of years back so that could be used if we have an emulation session.

        Venue wise I’m not keen on Earlsdon even though it is on the doorstep as it’s a nightmare to park.

        Don’t rule out Stratford as (i) it’s free and (ii) location in an IT room  has it’s advantages.

        Cheers

        Ian