Re: (unknown)

  • malcolmhier
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 16, 2006
      ---in one of your albums , it shows an articulated milk float do you
      have any further details on this
      many thanks
      mal hier
      In milko@..., "don reid" <donreid103@h...> wrote:

      > It was in The Early Bird Lot's of them
      >
      > >From: Mick Howard <michaelhoward46@y...>
      > >To: milko@...
      > >Subject: Re: [milko] (unknown)
      > >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:14:29 +0000 (GMT)
      > >
      > >Brush Pony and Morrison did a small one called the 'D' Type. I
      drove both.
      > > You could drive a pony on a motorbike licence at 16 and a
      Morrison D type
      > >on provisional car licence at 17. Also there was a small harbilt
      one which
      > >I'm sure was in the Norman Wisom film The Early Bird.
      > >
      > >don Reid <donned103@hot mail.com> wrote: or express had rid
      eon's and
      > >habit had similar floats
      > >
      > > >From: ANDY9567@A...
      > > >To: milk@yahoo groups.co.UK
      > > >Subject: Re: [milk] (unknown)
      > > >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:59:10 EST
      > > >
      > > >Brush Pony's? Ryder prams? Bug dens?
      > >

      > >To subscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > >milk-subscribe@yahoo groups.co.UK

      Service.

      > >---------------------------------
      > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from Yahoo!

    • don reid
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 17, 2006
        It's a Wales and Edwards electric from the 1960's. I believe that Unigate
        had three of them built, used on the south coast. Originally they had open
        trucks with chains round them. I also think that Express had some as well.
        There is one preserved at BAMMOT.
        Don

        >From: "malcolmhier" <malcolmhier@...>
        >To: milko@...
        >Subject: [milko] Re: (unknown)
        >Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:17:12 -0000
        >
        >---in one of your albums , it shows an articulated milk float do you
        >have any further details on this
        >many thanks
        >mal hier
        >In milko@..., "don reid" <donreid103@h...> wrote:
        > >

        > > It was in The Early Bird Lot's of them
        > >
        > > >From: Mick Howard <michaelhoward46@y...>
        > > >To: milko@...
        > > >Subject: Re: [milko] (unknown)
        > > >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:14:29 +0000 (GMT)
        > > >
        > > >Brush Pony and Morrison did a small one called the 'D' Type. I
        >drove both.
        > > > You could drive a pony on a motorbike licence at 16 and a
        >Morrison D type
        > > >on provisional car licence at 17. Also there was a small harbilt
        >one which
        > > >I'm sure was in the Norman Wisom film The Early Bird.
        > > >
        > > >don Reid <donned103@hot mail.com> wrote: or express had rid
        >eon's and
        > > >habit had similar floats

        > > >To subscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > > >milk-subscribe@yahoo groups.co.UK

        >Service.
        > > >

        > > >---------------------------------
        > > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from Yahoo!

      • Mr BG
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 17, 2006
          They had one in Cambridge as well.
          HTH
          Richard
          > It's a Wales and Edwards electric from the 1960's. I believe that Unigate
          > had three of them built, used on the south coast. Originally they had
          > open
          > trucks with chains round them. I also think that Express had some as well.
          > There is one preserved at BAMMOT.
          > Don
          >
          >>From: "malcolmhier" <malcolmhier@...>
          >>To: milko@...
          >>Subject: [milko] Re: (unknown)
          >>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:17:12 -0000
          >>
          >>---in one of your albums , it shows an articulated milk float do you
          >>have any further details on this
          >>many thanks
          >>mal hier
          >>In milko@..., "don reid" <donreid103@h...> wrote:
          >> >

          >> > It was in The Early Bird Lot's of them

          >>drove both.
          >>Morrison D type
          >>one which

          >>eon's and

          >>Service.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Phil Stonehewer
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 18, 2006
            It's true it was a W&E , I used to be a Sales Supervisor for Lea Valley Dairies and latterly Unigate at Stevenage in 1969 and we had one on the 'Schools' Round because of the length it took ages to load !!!!

            Phil Stonehewer
            It's a Wales and Edwards electric from the 1960's. I believe that Unigate
            had three of them built, used on the  south coast. Originally they had open
            trucks with chains round them. I also think that Express had some as well.
            There is one preserved at BAMMOT.
            Don

            >From: "malcolmhier" <malcolmhier@...>
            >To: milko@...
            >Subject: [milko] Re: (unknown)
            >Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:17:12 -0000
            >
            >---in one of your albums , it shows an articulated milk float do you
            >have any further details on this
            >many thanks
            >mal hier
            >In milko@..., "don reid" <donreid103@h...> wrote:
            > >

            > > It was in The Early Bird Lot's of them
            > >
            > > >From: Mick Howard <michaelhoward46@y...>
            > > >To: milko@...
            > > >Subject: Re: [milko] (unknown)
            > > >Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:14:29 +0000 (GMT)
            > > >
            > > >Brush Pony and Morrison did a small one called the 'D' Type.  I
            >drove both.
            > > >  You could drive a pony on a motorbike licence at 16 and a
            >Morrison D type
            > > >on provisional car licence at 17.  Also there was a small harbilt
            >one which
            > > >I'm sure was in the Norman Wisom film The Early Bird.
            > > >
            > > >don Reid <donned103@hot mail.com> wrote:   or express had rid
            >eon's and
            > > >habit had similar floats

            > > >To subscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > > >milk-subscribe@yahoo groups.co.UK

            > > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            >Service.
            > > >

            > > >---------------------------------
            > > >   Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from Yahoo!

          • Malcolm - Artisan Internet
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 8, 2006
              Hi Rob

              > hi, i wish to start leaving messages to members,thanks rob.

              You just did :)

              Malcolm

              _____
              (______) Milk Bottle News
              | |
              / \ The UK newsletter for milk bottle
              / \ and dairyana collectors everywhere

              The Milk Bottle News website.... on your doorstep!
              http://www.milkbottlenews.org.uk