Medical Referee?

  • masydenham
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi All,

      Can anyone suggest a certified diving medical referee in the NE of
      Scotland please?

      We have a couple of potential new trainees who have tried on several
      occasions to contact Dr Weekes in Ullapool, but their calls are not
      being returned.
      This may unfortunately result in them not being able to start training
      in the new year. :(
      Is Dr Weekes still dealing with diving medicals?

      Within reasonable travelling distance of Elgin area would be good.
      (Anyone nearer than Shetland would be good!) ;)

      Thanks,
      Mark Sydenham
      DO
      Burghead SAC
      www.burgsac.ecwhost.com
    • Stuart Fraser
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
        Re: [northscotlandbsac] Medical Referee? I got mine signed by a Dr Baird, Buckie.

        Details are:

        Dr J Baird, 4 Playfair Courtyard, Cullen House, Cullen, Buckie, AB56 4XWTel: 01542 841092 (h), 01261 812021 (w),  john@...

        ATB,

        Stuart

        On 02/12/2008 09:01, "masydenham" <marksydenham@...> wrote:

        Hi All,

        Can anyone suggest a certified diving medical referee in the NE of
        Scotland please?

        We have a couple of potential new trainees who have tried on several
        occasions to contact Dr Weekes in Ullapool, but their calls are not
        being returned.
        This may unfortunately result in them not being able to start training
        in the new year. :(
        Is Dr Weekes still dealing with diving medicals?

        Within reasonable travelling distance of Elgin area would be good.
        (Anyone nearer than Shetland would be good!)  ;)

        Thanks,
        Mark Sydenham
        DO
        Burghead SAC
        www.burgsac.ecwhost.com

      • Sarah H. Conner
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
          http://www.hse.gov.uk/diving/medical/amed1.htm

          The above link is an up to date list of Doctors who can examine people for diving medicals, either for recreational or professional diving, unfortunately most areas you will need to travel for a bit, somedo work Saturdays thugh soyo can always pick an nice town and have half a day there.

          Thanks,
          Sarah

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
            Hi Stuart,

            Many thanks for this. Perfect.
            I had heard talk of him but wasn't sure as they are not on the "list."

            I suspect the list supplied by HQ is somewhat out of date?

            Cheers!
            Mark.

            To: northscotlandbsac@...
            From: stuartgfraser@...
            Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:18:31 +0000
            Subject: Re: [northscotlandbsac] Medical Referee?

            I got mine signed by a Dr Baird, Buckie.

            Details are:

            Dr J Baird, 4 Playfair Courtyard, Cullen House, Cullen, Buckie, AB56 4XWTel: 01542 841092 (h), 01261 812021 (w),  john@.... co.uk

            ATB,

            Stuart

            On 02/12/2008 09:01, "masydenham" <marksydenham@ hotmail.com> wrote:

            Hi All,

            Can anyone suggest a certified diving medical referee in the NE of
            Scotland please?

            We have a couple of potential new trainees who have tried on several
            occasions to contact Dr Weekes in Ullapool, but their calls are not
            being returned.
            This may unfortunately result in them not being able to start training
            in the new year. :(
            Is Dr Weekes still dealing with diving medicals?

            Within reasonable travelling distance of Elgin area would be good.
            (Anyone nearer than Shetland would be good!)  ;)

            Thanks,
            Mark Sydenham
            DO
            Burghead SAC
            www.burgsac. ecwhost.com

            Take your friends with you with Mobile Messenger. Click Here!
          • Darryl Mayer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
              Here's a link to a  list of all the Docs in Scotland,

              http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga07-home/workingatsea/mcga-medicalcertandadvice/mcga-ml5-medicalinfo/mcga-approved-docs-list/mcga-dqs_st_shs_approved_docs_scotland-list.htm

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
                Whoops, I should have said that these were the Sea goers  Certifying doctors...