lecturership position in Aesthetics

  • Notizie SWIF
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      University of Warwick

      Lectureship in Philosophy

      AOS - Aesthetics. AOC - Open. The successful candidate will have an active
      research profile with potential for research of international reputation. A
      commitment to post-graduate teaching and supervision is essential.

      This is an opportunity for a scholar with potential for an international
      reputation to contribute to sustaining and developing highly successful
      philosophy programmes. We expect the appointee to have research interests
      within the broad range of Aesthetics and to be able to offer an
      undergraduate module in Aesthetics as a core component of our undergraduate
      degree in Philosophy & Literature. The department's research profile is
      built on individual scholarship, but we have a number of clear areas of
      strength: Philosophy & Literature, Philosophy of mind & language/Ep & Met,
      post-Kantian Philosophy, The successful candidate will offer potential for
      international research expertise in any of the broad areas covered by
      Aesthetics and will be expected to complement or intersect with the research
      strengths already within the department. Other things being equal, ability
      to engage with and develop research strengths in one or more of the
      department's research strengths will be an advantage. There is an
      expectation that the successful candidate will complement and inform work in
      the Centre for Research in Philosophy & Literature. The undergraduate
      module in Aesthetics which is compulsory for BA Philosophy & Literature is
      available as an option module for undergraduates on our other degree
      programs: Philosophy; PPE; Philosophy with Psychology. The appointee will
      also be expected to contribute to the development of postgraduate taught and
      research programmes in philosophy. AOS � Aesthetics. AOC - open.

      Closing date: 6 January 2006. We expect to hold interviews in the week
      commencing 6 February 2006.

      Further details available at:

      http://secure.admin.warwick.ac.uk/webjobs/further/FP2358.doc

      Michael Luntley