Workshop: Michael Devitt: Ignorance of Language

  • Notizie SWIF
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
      Workshop: Michael Devitt: Ignorance of Language

      The Philosophy Department will host this one-day workshop with papers
      and replies on the topic of Devitt's recent book Ignorance of Language,
      on March 9th.

      Participants include

      Michael Devitt (Graduate Centre, CUNY)
      Pascal Engel (Geneva and Nottingham)
      Guy Longworth (UCL)
      Mark Textor (KCL)

      For details of attendance please contact Jane Pytches-Walker at

      Jane.Pytches-walker@...

    • Notizie SWIF
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007
        One day workshop: Michael Devitt's Ignorance of Language

        Friday 9th March 2007, University of Nottingham

        Senate Ante-Chamber, Lower Ground Floor, Trent Building.

        The Philosophy Department will host this one-day workshop with papers
        and replies on the topic of Devitt's recent book Ignorance of
        Language, on March 9th.

        Provisional Programme

        10.30 Coffee and registration

        11.15-12.30 Guy Longworth (UCL): "Ignorance of Linguistics"

        12.30-1.30 Sandwich lunch

        1.30-2.45 Pascal Engel (Geneva and Special Professor, Nottingham):
        "What we know and what we don't know about our language"

        2.45-3.15 Tea

        3.15-4.30 Mark Textor (KCL): "Devitt's Critique of the
        'Philosophical Arguments' for the Representational Thesis"

        Michael Devitt (Graduate Centre, CUNY and Special Professor,
        Nottingham) will give a reply to each paper, followed by discussion.

        For registration form see

        <http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/philosophy/news/Devitt-ref-form.doc>http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/philosophy/news/Devitt-ref-form.doc

        or contact Jane Pytches-Walker at

        Jane.Pytches-walker@...