4790Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography

  • Anne Taylor
    2 Oct 01:54

      Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography
      Please find below details of seminars in the History of Cartography, which
      will be held at Emmanuel College, Cambridge (UK).

      All are welcome, and please feel free to forward this email to anyone who you think might be interested to come
      along.

      A poster for printing, and a map, are available at http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/deptserv/maps/camsem1314.html

      Sarah Bendall

      --
      Dr Sarah Bendall
      Fellow and Development Director

      CAMBRIDGE SEMINARS IN THE HISTORY OF CARTOGRAPHY

      Emmanuel College, St Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3AP

      Gardner Room, 5.30pm

      Tuesday 26 November 2013
      Andrew Macnair (University of East Anglia)
      East Anglian large-scale county maps of the eighteenth century: what can we learn from a digital analysis?

      Tuesday 25 February 2014
      Jerry Brotton (Professor of Renaissance Studies, Queen Mary, University of London)
      The terrestrial globe under globalisation

      Tuesday 6 May 2014
      John Blair (The Queen’s College, Oxford)
      Land surveying in the post-Roman West

      All are welcome

      For any enquiries, please contact Sarah Bendall at sarah.bendall@...
      <mailto:sarah.bendall@...> ,
      tel. 01223 330476

      Refreshments will be available after each seminar

      This email is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please
      do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do
      so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
      Thank you for your co-operation.

      Emmanuel College,
      Cambridge,
      CB2 3AP