5403Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography

  • Anne Taylor
    Sep 18, 2015

      Dearall

      Please see below for the programme for 2015-16. All are very welcome: do come!
      A poster can be printed from our web page (see below)

      SarahBendall

        EmmanuelCollege, St Andrew’s Street, Cambridge CB2 3AP

        GardnerRoom, 5.30pm

      Tuesday24 November 2015

      ProfessorMichael Heffernan and Ben Thorpe (University of Nottingham)

      TheMap That Would Save Europe: The Tariff Walls Map and the Politics of Cartographic Display Between the Wars

      Tuesday23 February 2016

      DorianGerhold (London)

      Plansof London buildings drawn c.1450-1720

      Tuesday3 May 2016

      DrDouglas Lockhart (formerly University of Keele)

      AlexanderOgg (1811-65): surveyor, farmer and gold prospector, Aberdeenshire and New Zealand

      Allare welcome

      Forany enquiries, please contact Sarah Bendall at sarah.bendall@...,

      tel.01223 330476

      Refreshmentswill be available after each seminar

      Webpage:
      http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/departments/maps/cartographic-events/camsem

      Theseminars are kindly supported by Emmanuel College Cambridge

      For further information contact:
      Sarah Bendall
      Fellow and Development Director
      Emmanuel College
      Cambridge CB2 3AP
      Tel. +44-1223-330476
      Fax +44-1223-762793

      This email is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

      Thank you for your co-operation.

      Emmanuel College,
      Cambridge,
      CB2 3AP
      Registered Charity No. 1137456
      Anne Taylor
      Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR
      Tel: 01223-333041.   Fax: 01223-333160.   email: aemt2@...
      www.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/departments/maps

      !!VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09!!
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic