Major J.W. Marsden R.G.A

  • Peter Stubbs
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2012
      have a half inch to the mile map of Kent (sheet 40) dated 1911 with the name �Major
      J.W. Marsden R.G.A� in pencil at the top.
      This is James Weymouth Marsden who
      was in the Royal Garrison Artillery.

      Does
      anybody have maps that were owned by him? I would be very interested
      to know of any.

      Many
      thanks

      Peter
      Stubbs

    • ALAN BOWRING
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        From time to time OS have adjusted the sheetlines of individual maps within established series where it appears to make sense to do so. I wonder has anyone had any experience of having requested that OS do such a thing and what might their response have been?

        I can imagine of course these days that part of any response would be that you can create your own personalised maps anyway with the options provided on the website.

        thanks

        Alan Bowring

      • bill.batchelor@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2012
          In December 2000 I sent a letter to the OS that included couple of graphic layouts for possable sheetlines for a future map covering the Black Isle near Inverness. I was a frequent visitor to the area and was, as usual, miffed that you needed a few maps (Lanranger) to cover the 'Isle' and asked that they consider getting as much of the Black Isle on a single map as possable on the standard 30km x 20km sheet. They responded a few weeks later saying that they were indeed going to publish the Explorer 432 map covering as much of the area as I had suggested and also sent me an index extract showing the sheetlines of the future map.
          I don't suppose that they did alter anything due to my suggestion, but it was nice of them to let me know what they planned.

          Bill Batchelor