The Red Atlas

  • scocjh
    Message 1 of 6 , 6 Sep

      You may know John Davies, editor of 'Sheetlines', and Alex Kent, current President of the British Cartographic Society. Their book on Soviet mapping, 'The Red Atlas', is about to be published and I have been informed that the University of Chicago Press is offering a pre-publication discount - see http://www.press.uchicago.edu/sites/ads/red_atlas.html

      Chris H.

    • i taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , 7 Sep
        Does anyone have email addresses for the authors?

        Iain T
        Halifax, NS.

        On Sep 6, 2017, at 4:54 PM, chris@... [ordnancemaps] <ordnancemaps@...> wrote:

        You may know John Davies, editor of 'Sheetlines', and Alex Kent, current President of the British Cartographic Society. Their book on Soviet mapping, 'The Red Atlas', is about to be published and I have been informed that the University of Chicago Press is offering a pre-publication discount - see http://www.press.uchicago.edu/sites/ads/red_atlas.html

        Chris H.

      • John Davies
        Message 3 of 6 , 7 Sep
          Try john@...

          John

          Sent from Mail for Windows 10

          Message 4 of 6 , 10 Oct 06:04
            My copy arrived today. I havent read it yet but a quick flick through shows lots and lots of map examples. Thats a great omen.

            Pete
            Message 5 of 6 , 10 Oct 10:01

              Yes, very impressed by the number and clarity of the illustrations. Really well produced: congratulations to the authors and to the University of Chicago Press for achieving it at a reasonable price. Promises to be a fascinating read.

              Chris H.

            • John Davies
              Message 6 of 6 , 13 Oct 23:44

                The authors, John Davies [full disclosure, that's me] and Alex Kent will be speaking at Daunt Books (Hampstead) on 21 November and at Stanfords Covent Garden) on 23 November. Both require pre-booking at http://redatlasbook.com/events

                The book is now on general release and can be found in bookshops or on 20% discount at http://redatlasbook.com/buynow

                John