heart rate reading error

  • marcclayton99
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
      has anyone had the following:

      When I run my watch will say for example, 78% heart rate after 12
      minutes. But when Ive imported the run onto the pc, the graph says my
      Heart rate was 83% after 12 minutes? Plus it showed me hitting 100% HR
      on a hard, but not flat out, run?
    • don4581
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2006
        --- In polar_rs800sd_polar_rs800@..., "marcclayton99"
        <marcclayton99@...> wrote:

        > has anyone had the following:
        >
        > When I run my watch will say for example, 78% heart rate after 12
        > minutes. But when Ive imported the run onto the pc, the graph says my
        > Heart rate was 83% after 12 minutes? Plus it showed me hitting 100% HR
        > on a hard, but not flat out, run?

        Is Your monitor showing 100% on 'not flat out runs', because you are yet
        to calibrate it to your maximum heart rate levels. I think the auto set
        up mode uses the standard 220 bpm minus your age, your Max level might
        be higher than this.