problems with pith height

  • katreinebrazil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      I am trying to record samples from recordings I made with a MiniDisc recorder. Using
      Windows Soundrecorder, I get the true pitch contour, but using audio recorders for
      macintosh or the praat-recording on macintosh, the pitch results become very strange.
      Averagely 200 Hz above the real level.

      I would like to ask whether anybody has experience with this problem and could give me
      an idea what to do. I tried the recording function by praat, the audiorecorder 2.1. for
      macintosh and Audacity.

      Thanx