1000Re:: Re: [privateer20] Re:: Drop Keel Overhaul

  • Jonathan Knight
    Mar 28, 2015

      I have just compared our plates. Mine is quite different at the front / top with the pivot hole just below the slot and no where near the centre of arc of the slot. So I think you are quite right in that the original plates were just re -cut with the slot becoming redundant.
      I have tried to upload a couple of pictures to Geolia's photo album but I can't see them in the file.
      I'm glad the pivot hole isn't at the bottom of the plate as there must be a great risk of water ingress with that design.
      Regards Jonathan

      On 28 Mar 2015 19:52, "acapella13934@... [privateer20]" <privateer20@...> wrote:

      My boat doesn't have the second keel bolt although the plate has a semicircular slot which I suspect was for this bolt.

      It would be worth having a look underneath the tops of the Vee-berths to see whether you have the hole in the case.     If so,  it would seem that at some point in the life of your boat the bolt has been removed and not replaced,   and in that case it would seem sensible to reinstate it.