1007Re:: Re: [privateer20] Re:: Drop Keel Overhaul

    Mar 30, 2015
      Thanks for that.

      Your keel does indeed look to be an intermediate stage in the evolution,  and I very much suspect that it started life as an early one  -  hence the slot  -  and when the pivot point was moved the builder simply used existing stock items and cut off the "front" edge at the appropriate angle.

      However the "back" edge appears to be more rounded and appears to go deeper when lowered than the one on Arne's boat;   so we have at least three different keel designs,  and quite possibly also three different draughts when the keels are fully lowered!