1010Re:: Re: [privateer20] Re:: Drop Keel Overhaul

  • aartvanderpol@rocketmail.com
    Apr 1, 2015
      Indeed my dropping line failed once in a heavy sea. This was due to a aluminium clam on the steel line. (It shoot have been copper.)  Since I entered shallow water the keel was banging on the ground so I needed to lift it as soon as possible. After some fiddling with extra lines under the boat I managed to get the plate half way up and, on return in the harbour, could by diving get a line trough the hole to get the plate fully up.
      Since the steel line is now clammed correctly and controlled regularly I do not expect any more failing dropping lines. (Only the line that goes down is of steel.)
      Aart
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic