1108Re: [privateer20] Re:: LSC Yacht Cruise - UPDATE 2 of 2

  • Jonathan Knight
    Sep 11, 2015

      Looking forward to the report and John's video!

      On 11 Sep 2015 13:54, "acapella13934@... [privateer20]" <privateer20@...> wrote:

      > There is still time for any late entries

      Too late now;   all done and dusted.

      Two boats enjoyed an excellent cruise,  first within the Mersey,  then into the Dee,  and then to Conwy,  where we were joined by a third boat.    All three then had a splendid time until we parted company yesterday.

      Onward then to Anglesey,  where we enjoyed one of my very special places,  Porth Eilian,  and then finally on to Amlwch where we terminated.    As planned from outset,  John intended to haul out either that day (yesterday) or today,  because of commitments at home,  and Mary intended to return to Deganwy Marina (where her boat is based) at about the same time,  also because of other commitments,   so we terminated the cruise at Amlwch.

      I have temporarily left my own boat there,  since for most of the next week the weather forecast for sailing her back to Liverpool is not good;   both options are currently open whether I go back out there once the weather improves and sail her home,  or take car and trailer out there and recover her by road.

      The usual full report will be posted in due course.