1217Re: [privateer20] Re:: Weight of the boat

  • Aart van der Pol
    Jun 1, 2016
      Hi Oliver,
      I do not think that they have been build in Holland, It woud have meant two sets of moulds.However, it is possible that after Small Craft broke, some unfinished yachts have been  sold. On my privateer there was a plastik chip popped to the back of the cockpit but I could not read it and now it is already completely crumbled. The round badge is still present!
      Aart

      Thank you very much.

      Do these brochures,  which I note are written in Dutch,  perhaps indicate that the boat was also built in your country?   That might explain the number of Privateers that you have there.

      If they were in fact built in Holland as well as in the UK,  there could be differences in the layup thickness,  and other differences,  resulting in differences in weight between the versions from the two countries.