1236Juliet is Sold

  • johnturnerfm
    Jul 12, 2016

      Hi Guys.

       John here from S/V Juliet. Just to let you all know I have now sold Juliet to a really nice guy called David from south Wales, who was so happy with the boat he paid full asking price. I have also told him about this group and I am sure he will be in touch soon.

      I haven’t given up sailing. In fact the opposite is true. Jules my wife (The non-sailor) and I went to Gibraltar and All abroad sailing academe, Jules was doing the competent crewman’s course and I was doing the RYA Day skippers. I won’t bore you with too much detail but needless to say Jules found the love of sailing in not so perfect conditions.

      So what next for the sail duo, Well Jules and I have just sold our house and bought an apartment in the midland, near her family and our daughter. We have also just bought a Moody 34 in Weymouth. It’s another project boat, but what boat isn’t. Mainly cosmetic, she will need all new rigging the end of the year and soft furnishings, which is 30 years old.  Would you keep a 30 year old sofa. NO? Me neither. There is no osmosis or delamination. So she is a good solid boat. I have a mooring now for her up the river Itchen Southampton so we are staying on the south coast. The boats name is “2nd Wind” so please look out for her and give us a wave if you see us. I will be keeping my video’s going on You Tube for anyone that is interested. They started when I bought my Privateer in a sad state and rebuilt her, right through to some great sailing adventures. The latest 2 videos are of Jules and I sailing in Gibraltar and of our new Moody 34.

      If anyone needs advice on working on their Privateer I will still be around. Thanks to Oliver for last year’s meet and sail around North Wales, it was amazing and also thanks to Oliver for running such a helpful and friendly group.

      Below is a couple of links to the YouTube video I spoke of if anyone is interested. There will be loads more to come.

      Thanks again Calm Sea and fair winds to all

      John Turner

      S/V Juliet & 2nd wind

      John & Jules at Allabroad sailing Academy

      The start of everything

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic