1264Re:: Welcome Aboard

    Sep 20, 2016
      >  I am just setting down in Grace (formerly Geolia) in Cardiff Bay ready for our third excursion this year up the channel. The lock out of Cardiff is an amazing thing.

      Sounds good.

      Enjoy!

      I cannot claim to know the Bristol Channel that far up,  although when I took delivery of my previous gaff cutter I did the delivery trip (Easter 1977) down-channel from Newport-Uskmouth.   Other than that,  I know the upper reaches only from the land;   but I can warmly recommend exploration of the lower reaches  -  always provided that the boat and the skipper are fully up to it;   it is a most rewarding coast,  but also a very challenging one,  and the sea takes no prisoners!