1265Welcome Aboard

    Oct 28, 2016

      A warm welcome to new member Tony Glover,  the proud new owner of La Mouette,  a gaff-rigged Privateer newly purchased via eBay.

      Tony is a Yachtmaster Instructor and erstwhile charter skipper who has downsized from a 40-ft Beneteau,  via Kestrel dinghies,  to the Privateer;   and he is seeking information and advice about the boat.   He and I have already been in email correspondence,  and I have no doubt that he will find much of interest on this site,  and that others will also chime in with their thoughts.

      When he has the boat ready for the water he hopes to do a shakedown cruise in the Western Isles in June,  prior to cruising the West Coast of France and the Morbihan.    Absolutely what trailer-sailers are all about!

      Do post,  Tony,  to say hello,  and to tell us more about your boat and the progress of your planned thorough check (and refit as necessary).

    • Show all 53 messages in this topic