1296Re: : Re: [privateer20] Staysail Dimensions

  • AnneliesenHeiko Glansbeek
    Dec 13, 2016
      Oliver

      Just measured the front sail of the Joy ( gaff rigged)

      The Jib is 4080 mm
      Stay sail is 3380 mm

      kind regards

      Heiko Glansbeek
      Op 13 dec. 2016, om 15:22 heeft acapella13934@... [privateer20] <privateer20@...> het volgende geschreven:

      Aart,

      Thank you,  that would be most helpful.

      I hope to step the mast today,  and then measure up the bare rig,  but measurements of actual sails would help to build a better picture.

      Remarkably,  I now have five different measurements to choose from,  covering the range 3180 to 3660 mm;     the two furthest apart are from good sailmakers(!),  one is my own somewhat crude measurement from last January (but without properly tensioning the sail),  and the other two are from other owners.

      I hope to be in a position to make a decision on the length and place the order for the new sail before Christmas,  so early next week would be fine.

      Thank you,