1300Re: Staysail Dimensions

    Dec 14, 2016
      Heiko,

      The difference between your figures and mine is 10 mm,  which is still much closer than any of the other figures.   You make it 3380 mm,  as against my approximate 3370 mm.

      Indeed the luff lengths may be identical,  and the apparent difference may be just because I was doing a quick (and approximate) job,  and so laid the sails out flat on my driveway but it wasn't convenient to set up any tension on them.

      The measurement should be between the bearing surfaces of the cringles,  and ideally the sail should be under light tension.

      In the end I didn't manage to get my mast stepped yesterday;   I was otherwise tied up until mid afternoon,  and by then the weather was starting to break and the daylight was fading fast.    Not free at all today,  which is a pity because it is a glorious day for it,  but now hoping to do it on Thursday,  weather permitting.

      Thanks again for your help.