1306Re: [privateer20] New owner.

  • Aart van der Pol
    Dec 28, 2016
      Hi Tony,
      "Right in the bows is a void space accessible through a small hatch at the end of the vee berths. Can this be utilised as a chain locker? (If I fit a spurling pipe on the foredeck?)"

      yes you can, I use it exactely as you described. With not only the chain in  but also the rest of the cable. See the photo's
      Regards Aart

      Seasons greetings one and all!

      I'm delighted to say that I have now bought a Privateer.

      This is the one that used to belong to Sean Norris. A bermudan rigged version. The plate in the stern locker is from Midland Mouldings Ltd., Nottingham. This has the numbers 035  79. Would this indicate moulding 35 of 1979? The Small Craft, Blockley plate in the cockpit has a small stainless plate under it with the number 9541. I'm not able to guess what that number is.

      A couple of questions to be going on with :-

      The boat only has a small folding grapnel type anchor. I'll need something better, is there one that fits comfortably in the moulded depression in the foredeck?

      Right in the bows is a void space accessible through a small hatch at the end of the vee berths. Can this be utilised as a chain locker? (If I fit a spurling pipe on the foredeck?)

      Finally, for now anyway, there is no porta potti in the special locker, but the base of the locker has a moulded recess to take the toilet. Does anyone know which make and model will fit into that recess?

      Best regards, Tony.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic