1365Re:: Hollow skeg revisited.

    Mar 2, 2017
      > The difference between our boats is that you have a loose slatted base in the lazarette whereas mine has a permanently bonded in piece of ply, ...

      And mine is different again;  solid GRP,  which looks to be original.

      However we know that there were a number of changes over the comparatively short production run of the boats,  and my one is an early one;   early pattern drop keel,  and an empty bilge beneath the cabin sole (rather than ballast filling the space),  and a moulding number which appears to date her at 1974 (number 74  055).     Indeed if the sail number is to be believed it may just possibly be the first one,  but then sail numbers on boats that have had several owners are notoriously unreliable.  Nonetheless she came to me with number 1 on her sail and that has never been challenged,  and I have found no evidence of any earlier examples,  so I am sticking with that number!.