139Hello

  • rdiedo
    Jul 16, 2009
      As the newest member of the group I thought it only polite to say hello!

      I don't own a privateer 20, but for some time have admired a small and pretty boat in Rye East Sussex, which I believe is for sale and has been for a while. I didn't have a clue what it was, until finally discovering today by chance that it seems to be a privateer 20.

      I do admire the 'classic' lines and rig. I enjoy sailing and one day hope to buy a modest sailing boat myself to make the change from crew to skipper, when finances allow.

      I live in Kent not far from Rye. If and when I do manage to treat myself I envisage realistically I would be making short trips into Rye Bay, and/or possibly exploring the tidal Medway at the other side of the county.

      I rather expect the members of the privateer group to be slightly bias, but your thoughts and comments on the privateer would be much appreciated. Is she a sea boat? Sheltered waters/estuary sailing only? Were all the boats factory finished? Build quality? Things to look out for? What sort of price would you expect to pay?

      If the answers to these questions are already available elswhere a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

      Thanks and regards,

      Richard
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic