Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

1412Re:: Welcome Aboard

Expand Messages
  • elidore@gmx.de
    May 9, 2017
      After a bit of work done, my boat is nearly ready to sail now.

      I've stumbled across some problems during getting Mary Ann fit for the season.
      Most of them I've got sorted out by now, but with one problem I can't find a solution on my own.

      One of the airing-whatever-you-call-it is missing on top of the cabin. The previous owner had covered the frame quite generously with duct tape, which left horrible glue stains on the deck.

      In German these air vents would be called a 'mushroom air vent' and all I've found in the shops are round shaped.
      Firstly, what are those airings called in English?
      And would it be possible to get the rectangular vent in England somewhere?

      I don't fancy the idea of laminating the sqare hole and cutting a new smaller round one.
      But that was the only idea I got from the owner of a boat yard in the area.
    • Show all 53 messages in this topic