1416Re:: My Story (and electrics)

  • 5b9d24da16c123262ee0971e30fb91aa
    9 May
      Hi Oliver,

      Wow lots of helpful information and advice. Thank you

      With regards to safety i already have most safety equipment (life rafts, buoyancy aids, life jackets). these have accumulated over the year from previous boats my family have had. However i do not have a set of distress flares so these will be top priory for me. How essential is a P.L.B if i have a radio and flares?

      After a bit of research I think i can stretch to both a fixed and handheld VHF radio, along with a couple of other instruments such as depth sounder and a perhaps chart plotter, although initially i do not plan to venture to far from home (i may be tempted to join meet ups in the future?)

      Getting away from the electronics issue, do you happen to know where i may be able to obtain rubber seals for the windows? will i have to make some of my own. i have a hunch that the starboard side window is leaking

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic