1463Re:: How to manage water in the cockpit

  • elidore@gmx.de
    Sep 4, 2017
      >> A canvas cover is ordered, but the sailmaker is either very busy or very slow, hopefully I'll get before the end of season, which will be in October.

      >Welcome to the world of sailing!!!

      >Oliver

      Thanks you so much...
      So you say sailing is slow and the business around it as well?
      Well, I hear you.
      The most heard comment at the jetty from any boat owner is: 'Must fix/change this in winter'

      The sailmaker must have read my comment here, though. The cover is ready and already tested in a thunderstorm last weekend, where we just in time managed to get it secured before a deluge came down. So it's working and keeps the rain out of the cockpit as well as the morning dew. When we sleep aboard with two adults and one dog, we need the companionway open for airing.

      Regards from Kassel, Germany

      Carola

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic