429Re: Hello

  • Oliver
    Jul 19, 2011
      --- In privateer20@..., "seannorris65" <seannorris65@...> wrote:

      > Something to note. There was a brand new Privateer here at some point in the Late 1970's but on a windy day she capsized and sank so mine was not the first to grace the harbour.

      Thank you for that useful word of warning.

      That confirms my own intuitive impressions from sailing my one, coupled with the fact that they have only about half the displacement of comparable boats such as the Cornish Shrimper and the Cape Cutter 19; unlike most cruising yachts, Privateers can capsize, and must always be sailed in such a way that they are not allowed to do so.

      The latter is down to the seamanship of the skipper and/or (if different) the helmsman.