998Re:: Re: [privateer20] Re:: Drop Keel Overhaul

    Mar 28, 2015
      My boat doesn't have the second keel bolt although the plate has a semicircular slot which I suspect was for this bolt.  ...   Fortunately the keel is pivoted from the top of the casing and this appears adequately strong.

      Further to my previous reply,  not yet appeared,  on reflection these two features may be incompatible.    It could well be that if the design changed part way through the production run the builder used up existing stock of plates,  with the slot already cut,  but repositioned the pivot.

      Unless the pivot is at the centre of the arc of the slot you won't be able to use a safety bolt,  and will have to devise some alternative safety system.