Scollwork

  • g2rywjymyuxj4ldb4cqgt4agkbmsexonybeqvszq
    Message 1 of 4 , 1 Jan 10:33

      Hi all, just another question from a Privateer neophyte:-

      In most of the pictures the Privateer has some decorative scrollwork at the flare of the bow, mine doesn't have this, maybe because the hull is from Midlands Mouldings and not Bourne Plastics, (by the way, were they the only two moulders of Privateer hulls?), so the question is, is the scrollwork actually moulded into the hull, or is it a separate piece that I could perhaps replicate in hardwood?

      Thanks, Tony.

      Message 2 of 4 , 2 Jan 09:28
        It is a separate piece,  but it is strongly curved, so replicating it in hardwood would be complex.   Incidentally there is (of course) one each side  and (again of course) they are not identical as they are a handed pair.

        Possibly the easiest approach might be to copy a pair in GRP,  by first taking a pair of female moulds from a pair of good ones.

        If there are enough people interested we could explore the possibility of having a small batch made.

        Oliver
      • Tony Glover
        Message 3 of 4 , 2 Jan 09:31

          Hi.
          Was out working on the Privateer this afternoon and took a photo of the said moulding.

          Good luck in replicating it.

          Regards
          Tony

          Message 4 of 4 , 3 Jan 03:45
            Thanks Oliver and Tony. Not such a simple job after all! If there was a call to make a small batch of scrollwork mouldings, you could put my name down.