Access problems

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2017

      Just so that other members know,  and Moderators in particular,  I am currently having access and log-in problems.

      It may be coincidence,  but this immediately follows a Windows update.

      I cannot get in via my my tablet,  and now I find that I also cannot get in via my desktop machine using my usual browser.   And the system doesn't recognise my log-in credentials!

      Surprisingly,  in the circumstances,  I can still get in via a browser which I no longer normally use;  hence my ability to post this.

      I leave imminently for my summer cruise,  and it is moderately unlikely that I will be able to resolve the issue before I leave  -  so I may be offline for a considerable period.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2017
        As an update,  I learn from a friend on the GP14 site that he is having similar problems,  and from our joint experiences it appears to be a Yahoo problem,  and to be browser specific.

        We both find that accessing by our usual routes we are now required to sign in,  and that in trying to do so the system keeps diverting me to the normal BT page, rather than Yahoo  -  and I at least don't have a BT account  ....

        He reports that he has "found it happening more often, it started in Google chrome, then Firefox, Windows edge is hit and miss, but opera seems OK.    But if I visit more than once A week, I have to clear my cookies and other things. This is also a pain."

        I now find that on my desktop machine I can still get in using Opera,  but can no longer do so using Microsoft Edge,  which until a few days ago was my usual browser.    Indeed I had largely given up using Opera.

        think I can now get in again via my tablet,  which is now aboard the boat;   at least I was eventually able to do so yesterday,  although it remains to be seen whether I can still do so tomorrow!     I think that is probably going in via Internet Explorer.    From later today I will be away,  and thus dependent only on access via my tablet,  until September.    So I may or may not be able to operate the site as normal ...

        Oliver

      • Jonathan Knight

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2017
            Now weather bound in Tenby, hoping to move Saturday. May abort crossing to English side & return Milford Haven.

            Tablet device has now failed completely, and for sufficient reason I will leave it until I get home in September to get it repaired or replaced, and using just a mobile phone is a right pain. So, apilogies, I am offline for about the next month.

            Oliver

            Oliver.
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2017
              Unexpectedly the tablet has deigned to work again this evening,  so I have taken the opportunity to put part 2 of the cruise log to bed,  and publish in the usual places on this site and elsewhere.