Juliets interior is getting there.

  • johnturnerfm
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2015

      The Privateer rebuild has moved to the interior due to the cold wet weather. If Jules my wife is to ever get in the boat it has to look nice, in the style of a caravan. But a lot smaller. Hope you like what you see and maybe give you some ideas of your own. Enjoy and thanks for watching.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Ez0cUEVR8&feature=youtu.be

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2015
        John,

        Thanks for the attempt,  but (as noted on Small Sailboat Club site) the video is coming up as private,  so the rest of us can't watch it ...

        Regards,

        Oliver
      • john turner
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2015
          Sorry Oliver

          thanks for letting me know. I will try again later. Off sailing tomorrow for a few days, out of Christchurch. weather permitting. that is.

          I will let you all know how I get on

          John

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2015
            Off sailing tomorrow for a few days, out of Christchurch. weather permitting. that is.

            You are hardier than I am,  at this time of year.

            But then you are also significantly younger than I am   ...    ...

            Enjoy!

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2015
              But then you are also significantly younger than I am   ...    ...

              And,  of course,  Christchurch is significantly further south than we are;  just over 170 miles as the crow flies.

              I learned yesterday evening that Whitehaven,  just under 70 miles north and a little west of us,  was on the national TV because of ice floes in the harbour,  and people walking on the ice in the harbour.

              I may get a sail in the GP14 this afternoon,  but if I do sail it will be daytime only,  just while the sun is out.

              Oliver

            • john turner
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2015

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 7, 2015
                  >  I may get a sail in the GP14 this afternoon,  but if I do sail it will be daytime only,  just while the sun is out.

                  I did indeed duly get a sail,  for about an hour and a half,  and very good it was.

                  Started to head back as the temperature started dropping,  came ashore and changed and had a quick cuppa,  and by then temperature had dropped so much that very exceptionally I just shoved the boat into her berth more or less as she was,  and slapped the cover on.

                  Now warming up at home,   but will go down to club tomorrow while the sun is out to put her to bed properly.

                  Oliver
                • john turner
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 7, 2015

                    http://youtu.be/F5Ez0cUEVR8

                    I think this is the correct link now. Hope you all enjoy.

                    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 7, 2015
                      Well done.

                      When you have finished the interior of your own boat there is another one here ...

                      Oliver
                    • john turner
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 8, 2015
                        Thanks Oliver. I will let you know when I'm in the area. ;0)

                        Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 8, 2015
                          I could of course say that now that you have cut your teeth,  done your trial run,  and learned what to do and what not to do,   there is one on Merseyside to be done!!

                          Looking forward to seeing you for the cruise in September.

                          Whether I manage to do anything much with the interior by then remains to be seen;  it is acceptable (just) on a temporary basis,  and since I don't have a wife to consider I can give this a lower priority than matters pertaining to seakeeping abilities,  and indeed my other boats,  and other aspects of life as well.    Will get there eventually.

                          Incidentally if we have time in September I can add to the attractions a sail in a rather special GP14  ...