Welcome Aboard

    Message 1 of 53 , Feb 10, 2015

      A warm welcome to new members Anja and Christian Bubolz,  from Hagen in Germany,   who are newcomers to sailing and are also the proud new owners of a Privateer.

      I have had a private email from them,  but rather than my stealing their thunder by repeating that here I am inviting them to post to introduce themselves.

      Message 53 of 53 , 28 Aug
        If you end up doing a deal and wish to borrow my trailer,  it is a de Graaf 2600/4 swing beam multi-roller trailer,  about 3 years old,  twin axle,  rated for 2600 kg gross (c. 2 tons payload),  which is ample for even my Privateer with her additional ballast and fully loaded for extended cruising.

        It is arguable excessive for a Privateer,  but I was offered it second-hand and the price was right.

        Winches for hauling the boat on and also for hauling her off.

        And everything adjusted to accept a Privateer.  straight on.

        Generally in excellent condition although I inadvertently failed to raise the jockey wheel when I set off for Pembrokeshire last month;   discovered the problem within the first couple of miles,  but by then I had already destroyed the wheel,  so currently that still needs to be replaced.

        Otherwise all fully OK.   Given reasonable notice I can either winch the boat off onto the ground or put her on a temporary mooring,  to allow you to borrow the trailer if you need it.