Linen created by nuns in French Convent 1940's

  • linenqltr123
    Message 1 of 1 , 8 Nov 12:55
      I acquired an exquisite hand-done linen created by Nuns in a French convent in the early 1940's. It has the original label written in French with some handwritten numbers on the other side. It also came with a set of napkins.

      I do heirloom machine quilting and create whole cloth quilts from antique linens. I have been turning this linen into an amazing quilt for the past year and desperately want to find the convent where this piece was created. Documenting the history of this quilt is very important to me. I would appreciate any information, from anyone, on where I might start my search. You may visit my website at: www.cindyneedham.com and if you visit my blog, I will post a picture of what it looks like.

      You may also email me at: linenqltr@.... Thank you! Cindy Needham