8Mr Carlyle

  • heatherwilliams202002
    3 Oct 03:54
      Hi everyone!

      I am a big fan of the many faces of Robert Carlyle and have almost
      everything he has done on video.

      I think he is an outstanding and diverse actor and is to be greatly
      admired.

      From his earlier days as pot smoking policeman in Hamish MacBeth to
      his performance as the lovable rogue Felix in The 51st State, he is
      by far the best actor to come out of Scotland. (Sorry Mr Connery!).

      I enjoyed his two-faced performance as both soldier and cannibal in
      Ravenous, though it was somewhat stomach-churning, it delved deep
      into the taboo of cannibalism and how the basic instinct to survive
      takes over in a crisis situation.

      I also like the softer side to his characters and one of my
      favourites has to be Gaz from The Full Monty. Another lovable rogue
      who tries to do right by his son - even if it makes him a laughing
      stock in the process!

      I hope you will share your views and favourite characters with me.

      Heather

      P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Go Now" - another of
      Mr Carlyle's earlier works in which he plays an M.S. sufferer.