The Animals Film Friday 9th November, mac

  • Max Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      > Friday 9th November
      > Screen 2 8pm mac
      > Documentary at mac:
      > The Animals Film (15)
      > Dir: Victor Schonfeld & Myriam Alaux: UK 1981 2h
      > Narrator: Julie Christie
      >
      > On only its 3rd night on-air, Channel 4 screened The Animals Film broadcasting it entirely uninterrupted by any commercial breaks. This remarkable, pioneering and definitive documentary about the exploitation of animals in modern society caused huge shockwaves and received worldwide critical acclaim: Pick-of-the-Week & Pick-of-the-Day in all UK national newspapers, and extensively covered in front-page news and feature stories across the world. 25 years after its release, this controversial classic is still shockingly relevant today in its analysis. With music by Talking Heads and Robert Wyatt.
      >
      > '> I do not know when I have been so moved by the power of the cinema as a medium to transform the entire sensibility of an audience.> '> The Sunday Times
      >
      > '> Startling... impeccable... a storm of approval for The Animals Film.> '> The Guardian
      >
      > This special event screening will be introduced by the Director Victor Schonfeld with a chance for the audience to ask questions afterwards.
      >
      > This screening has been made possible by funding from Screen West Midlands
      > http://www.theanimalsfilm.com/

      mac
      Cannon Hill Park
      Birmingham B12 9QH
      Administration: 0121 440 4221

      http://www.macarts.co.uk
      Registered Company no 718349
      Registered Charity no 528979
      VAT no 818 2851 16

      mac's mission is to promote innovative, creative arts activities, in ways which help to establish them as an important part of peoples lives.

      We are investing around £13.5m in refurbishing our home in 2008. We have secured over £12m and now we need your help to raise the final amount. If you love mac as much as mac loves you please help by supporting our appeal http://www.macarts.co.uk/ilovemac

      The contents of this email are confidential and are intended solely for the addressee and for use solely for the purpose for which they have been supplied. If you receive this email in error please inform the sender immediately or call the number above.

      mac hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any information contained in this message and any liability of any kind for the information contained in it and for its transmission, reception, storage or use in any way whatsoever.

      All emails sent to or from this address will be transmitted through mac’s corporate email system and are subject to virus scanning, and may be reviewed by persons other than the recipient.