Zoo Update

  • Shropshire Animal Action
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      Dear All

      Recent reports in The Shropshire Star suggest that the Zoo being built at Walford College (between Shrewsbury and Oswestry) has been given council support, not just as an animal care centre come zoo, but also as a place where families can take holidays! Imagine monkeys, kept in captivity, so that a college can diversify and make more money!

      See: http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/publish/article_12546.shtml and http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/publish/article_13318.shtml for details.

      We're very keen to start a campaign against this development. Several people lodged, at the very least, verbal objections with the council following our email last month and clearly these had little effect. If anyone has any ideas, we'll be pleased to hear them! The Captive Animals Protection Society (www.captiveanimals.org) are on the case, and we're waiting for their ideas too.

      Walford have an open weekend next weekend. While it would probably be counter-productive to organise a demo at this stage, people may want to visit and see what they can find out. Please be polite.

      We will keep you updated of what's going on...watch this space.

      --
      !UNTIL ALL ARE FREE!
      Shropshire Animal Action

      www.geocities.com/animals_salop/
      07986 079514

      This email may contain information obtained or reproduced from other organisations information mailings, or contributed by anonoymous individuals. This does not always imply that SAA endorse or support this organisation or individual, nor should it imply that this organisation or individual support SAA. This information is distributed for information only and is not an incitement to committ any criminal activivty.

      --
      FOR THE 500 ANIMALS WHO DIE DAILY AT HLS, FOR THE 1000s WHO DIE WORLDWIDE EVERY HOUR, BE THERE:
      WORLD DAY FOR LAB ANIMALS - APRIL 17.