Badgers safe in Wales – thanks to you!

  • Viva!
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012

      Read online!                                                                                      Forward to a friend

      Badgers safe in Wales – thanks to you!

      Now let’s make them see sense in England …

      Minister John Griffiths has announced that Wales will not kill badgers as part of its policy to tackle cattle TB. Instead they will commence a policy of vaccination of wildlife. He says: “This is the right thing to do and the right course of action.”

      Viva! congratulates Mr Griffiths for his political strength and not being bullied into persecuting Welsh wildlife because of the failings of farmers.

      We also want to say thank you to you, as without the constant public pressure this decision could have been very different.

      Almost four years ago Viva! held the first national rally for badgers outside the Welsh Assembly.

      We’ve saved badgers together – thank you!

      What now?

      The coalition Government is increasingly isolated in their decision to pursue killing badgers later this year in England.

      Let’s call on English politicians to follow Wales’ lead and stop the badger ‘cull’!

      What can you do?

      The decision in Wales has given us new opportunities to get active for badgers.

      Use our pre-prepared emails to make a difference. It is quick and easy!

      Join the dairy boycott

      There are plenty of good reasons to dump dairy – and protecting badgers is just one of them. Whether you already don’t do dairy or are currently thinking about giving it up, please sign our petition to show your support for a dairy boycott for badgers.

      Also, write to your newspaper and tell others why British wildlife is being persecuted to protect the dairy industry.

      Door-drop for the badgers

      Order your free materials online and spread the word!

      There is also more information about the issues and how to get involved at www.viva.org.uk/badgers

      Thank you for saving badgers in Wales. Now let’s save them in England!

      Yours for the animals

      Justin Kerswell

      Campaigns manager – and all the team at Viva!

      Please support our campaigns to save animals by donating today.

      info@...

      0117 944 1000

      www.viva.org.uk/badgers

      This message was sent to shropveg@... from:

      Viva! | Viva! 8 York Court Wilder Street | Bristol, Bristol BS2 8QH, United Kingdom

      Manage Your Subscription  |  Send To a Friend