UNID Arabic(?) 107.0

  • John Faulkner
    Message 1 of 5 , 18 Aug
      https://youtu.be/zlKdHTxDMYQ

      Is this Arabic or something else? To my ears it also seems to have a
      slight Balkan intonation too.

      As you can hear, the modulation is extremely low. Conditions at the time
      were pointing strongly towards Serbia and Bosnia.

      Thanks.

      ---
      http://www.avg.com
    • Hannu Piirainen

        Message 3 of 5 , 20 Aug

          Interesting, Hannu.

          My gut feeling was that this was Bosnia, due mainly to the propagation, but I guess this one will remain a mystery. Thank you for your help anyway.

          Best wishes.

          John.

        • boskoigic@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , 1 Sep 12:49
            It's someone reading a citation from Quran, first in Arabic and then in Bosnian. There are 2 stations from Bosnia on 107 - Velkaton and Radio Zos, although I don't know whether these stations air Islamic religious programming.
          • John Faulkner
            Message 5 of 5 , 1 Sep 13:00

              Thank you very much Bosko.

              I couldn't progress any further with this station. It does seem likely that it is Bosnian.

              Best regards.

              John.