Re: [skywavesmw] 1510KHz

  • Daviesruby@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2008
      Hi John

      Going to record again tonight, ivegot a tape recorder with timer on (Roberts c9950) must sort out the pc to record.  Been puttin another ewe up this pm pointing 330degrees its only 20 foot long though, all i could get in that direction. I can get the 25 foot up but that's pointing exactly north.

      Just joined the MWC as well, Ive got interference across the tropical bands since returning after easter ! think its from next door. Anyway been meaning to concentrate on MW for a while as Im finding the same stuff on the tropicals.

      How are things

      Mark
    • John Faulkner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2008
        330 degrees is a waste of time now we are approaching summer.  You would be better with a Latin ewe at around 240 degrees now.  The ewe has a reasonable beamwidth but you are probably too far off-beam if you are serious about DXing South America on 330 degrees.  270 degrees would make a better "all rounder".

        It will be interesting once Belgium 1512 has left the air for good as Brazil can appear shortly after 21:00 hours.

        John

        Daviesruby@... wrote:
        Hi John

        Going to record again tonight, ivegot a tape recorder with timer on  (Roberts
        c9950) must sort out the pc to record.  Been puttin another ewe up  this pm
        pointing 330degrees its only 20 foot long though, all i could get in  that
        direction. I can get the 25 foot up but that's pointing exactly  north.

        Just joined the MWC as well, Ive got interference across the tropical bands
        since returning after easter ! think its from next door. Anyway been meaning
        to  concentrate on MW for a while as Im finding the same stuff on the
        tropicals.

        How are things

        Mark

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1349 - Release Date: 29/03/2008 17:02
      • Daviesruby@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2008
          Already got an ewe @240 degrees that is what I was using last night. It points out to sea nothing between it and S America basically, there isnt a house in that direction just open water.

          Do you think shortening the ewe will make a difference. (The N.American one)

          Hopefully will be posting some logs to Skywaves mw more regularly now

          Mark

          Anglesey