Unid 1512 khz

  • patrice.privat
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi

      I heard a station playing non-stop rumba-style music last night on 1512 khz round 2200 utc.
      It was weak and sounded like DX . Any idea ?
      There was no trace of WWZN 1510 at the time.
      Pat

      Northern France
    • David Towers
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
        Hi Pat
        no ID yet but now playing Elvis P-wooden heart

        22:20local

        ID from Straban Ireland going by an advert
        poss pirate?
        73
        dave G8SZX QS1R receiver +Datong AD370 active aerial

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
          Hi Pat
          from websearch I came across this

          http://members7.boardhost.com/PirateRadio/msg/1219873539.html

          An Irish pirate called TCR have just activated a transmitter on 1512 khz. Seems to be getting out quite well and has been heard in Sweden. Its on air 24 hours per day.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2009
            Thanx, that may be the culprit.
            Cheers