1071 DRM ?

  • Jurgen Bartels
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2016
      1071 with a DRM like signal now.

      Aparently a UK tx

      any idea why ?

      Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
      Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el,
      UHF:48-el
      27-1000MHz: Airspy with HDSDR
      MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
      http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm StationList
      http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/stationlist-m.htm StationList-M for
      Android
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
    • JulesOmega
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2016
        It certainly sounds local here, will try for some bearings tomorrow

         - Julian, Manchester
      • Paul Logan
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2016
          Just had an ID: France Bleu Breizh Izel

          the DRM Id says TDF SMARCAST

          Diffusion DRM depuis Quimerc'h

          Paul Logan, Lisnaskea, N. Ireland Listening Homepage: http://band2dx.webs.com/ Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/yogi540

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2016
            > Just had an ID: France Bleu Breizh Izel
            > the DRM Id says TDF SMARCAST
            > Diffusion DRM depuis Quimerc'h

            That's a surprise !

            France testing on a UK channel. Haven't they got their own ones?

            It started again around 0800z

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2016
              It was weaker this morning, on a roughly N-S bearing, but I wouldn't hear F at normal power levels. I did wonder if it could be Droitwich, but it went off about 9:30 as I was taking the bearing
            • Jurgen Bartels
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 9, 2016
                > It was weaker this morning, on a roughly N-S bearing, but I wouldn't hear F at
                > normal power levels. I did wonder if it could be Droitwich, but it went off
                > about 9:30 as I was taking the bearing

                It is France.

                From Mauno I got:
                http://www.tdf.fr/smartcast
                http://alokeshgupta.blogspot.de/2016/06/radio-france-internationales-drm-tests.html

                Thierry Vignaud wrote:
                > I speaked last month with someone who is working at TDF and when I ask
                > to him is TDF keep the old MW Tx locations and hereplied they would
                > all be dismantled except the site of Brest/Quimerc'h on 1404 kHz to
                > test SmartCast. It was the last month and the test was not yet launched
                > early june.

                Instead of 1404 they use 1071

                Now I wonder why.
                To tease the Brits? :-)

                Some areas of Talkradio must experience more noise now.

                Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
                Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el,
                UHF:48-el
                27-1000MHz: Airspy with HDSDR
                MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
                http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm StationList
                http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/stationlist-m.htm StationList-M for
                Android
                http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
              • Greg Hardison
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 9, 2016
                  Actually, one could argue that the channel had been appropriated by the Brits.  I recall the old ORTF had a Paris outlet on 1070 kHz, way back before the "new" frequency assignments; I don't remember whether that signal was still on when everything shifted up by 1 kHz.