Mnday Evening Paddle - 11 Sept.

  • Mike Heller
    Message 1 of 5 , 8 Sep

      It is uncertain whether the YahooGroup's reminder system is working at all any more so that you are getting this early on - you never know you might get another tomorrow evening but I am in Rhoscolyn and so may not know.

      MOELFRE

      Meet Slipway/Beach NGR 512862 ready to be on the water for 1900h.

      Co-ordinator: John Ratcliffe

      Remember it is getting dark quickly now and and so be on time!!

      Mike

    • John Ratcliffe
      Message 2 of 5 , 9 Sep
        Hi Mike

        It is unlikely that I can lead this trip; I've hardly been on the water all year and I have heavy work commitments this week. Is there anyone able to stand in for me??

        John

        Message 3 of 5 , 10 Sep

          It looks like John will be unable to make it in any case and I am taking over.  Having said that the forecast is SW F4-7 with rain. In which case it is liable to be dark by 8.00 pm.  I am inclined to cancel and so unless I hear from anyone that they are definitely going I won't be turning up either!

          I was at Cemaes  co-ordinating the other week under better forecast conditions and no-one turned up and so I co-ordinated myself back home!

          Message 4 of 5 , 10 Sep
            Looking at the  weather, cancelling seems quite reasonable! Hopefully better weather for the last 'normal' monday eve paddle next week.

            Having missed the committee meeting,  I noticed my name is down for coordinating Septembers end of the month paddle. Unfortunately I'm committed to trying some K2 racing (gulp) on that Sunday. Anyone else available?

            Bryan

            Message 5 of 5 , 10 Sep
              Mike,

              Just looked at the forecast - the least windy forcast (XC) is top of F5 (22mph), gusting 6 (31mph) offshore (WNW) - so I think we should cancel Monday night for this week - unless someone disagrees.

              Rgds,

              Alistair