New poll for soloDBAdevelopment

  • soloDBAdevelopment@yahoogroups.co.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2012
      soloDBAdevelopment group:

      Hello everyone,

      I would appreciate your opinions on this issue. There is a DBA variant called 'DBA RRR' which extends DBA though to about AD 1700. Is it worth trying to include direct support for it in Solo DBA?

      How widely known and used is DBA RRR? Personally, I enjoy playing it. However, I cannot support many extensions of DBA, otherwise Solo DBA will get complicated and hence probably unusable. As you are aware, I am trying to finish Solo DBA for DBA version 2.2 fairly soon. If I try and include procedures specifically for DBA RRR then the probability is that they might not be fully tested. Currently, the only armies that I have for the period AD 1500 to 1700 are for the English Civil War.

      DBA RRR has additional troop types, and also rules including flank support, for instance, pike and shot adjacent to each others are stronger against mounted than if they are not The deployment section would need amending to make Solo DBA to be DBA RRR friendly.

      Do I:

      1) Include additional procedures for DBA RRR, even though they may not be tested thoroughly?
      2) Produce a sheet of amendments for DBA RRR and other period variants that I choose to support?
      3) Let solo players make their own adjustments?

      o Include additional procedures for DBA RRR
      o Produce a sheet of amendments for DBA RRR
      o Let solo players make their own adjustments

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!