QSI Revolution (was Re: New Products)

  • andrew_croslanduk
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2012
      I don't know what a QSI Revolution is :-(

      Is a SPROG II not able to program it? It can handle other sound decoders (including QSI).

      Andrew

      --- In sprog-dcc@..., "K2K Koos" <torikoos@...> wrote:

      > great news Andrew,
      >
      > I'll sure be ordering a few SBOOST items in due course.
      > One question, with the higher current output, is this also available in programming track mode with JMRI, so that decoders with higher current draw (for example QSI Revolution etc) can be programmed easier?
      >
      > Thanks, Koos
      >
      > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "andrew_croslanduk" <andrewcrosland@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am pleased to announce that we have finally released the SPROG 3 and SBOOST on the SPROG DCC website.
      > >
      > > SPROG 3 is a higher current version of SPROG II that can supply up to 2.5 Amps to the track. Ideal for running a larger layout than is possible with a SPROG II.
      > >
      > > SBOOST is a 2.5 Amp booster, ideal for using a SPROG II with a larger layout. Even larger layouts can be split into power districts, each driven by an SBOOST with no need for further overload protection. SBOOST can be configured for auto-reverse operation to drive a reverse loop.
      > >
      > > SPROG II is now version 3. Functionally it is the same as the original SPROG II but the redesign allows a slight reduction in price.
      > >
      > > User guides are available from the download page of the SPROG DCC web site
      > >
      > > Andrew

    • K2K Koos
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2012
        Hi Andrew,

        The Revolution was a DCC decoder made by QSI until recently, it has now been superseded with a newer version called Titan (among others now stereo sound etc).

        Anyway, several users of QSI decoders have reported that due to the higher current draw of these decoders, sometimes CV's don't get 'received' even after repeated tries in programming track mode.
        Most functions work fine,on the SPROGII (and every other decoder not a problem) but there are a few that I can't seem to get changed on mine, and I'm told that a more powerful signal to the decoder might just be the ticket. (other than forking out a lot of money for a dedicated programmer to QSI only, which is too much for me as I only have 1 QSI decoder in my fleet, the rest are Tsunami's, and in future will be joined by Loksound decoders).

        Anyway, do you ship to the Netherlands? I'm based in the UK, but travel for work and take a few projects with me to work on, currently a lot in NL, so if I could order mine to be shipped there that would be great.

        Cheers, Koos

        --- In sprog-dcc@..., "andrew_croslanduk" <andrewcrosland@...> wrote:

        > I don't know what a QSI Revolution is :-(
        >
        > Is a SPROG II not able to program it? It can handle other sound decoders (including QSI).
        >
        > Andrew
        >
        > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "K2K Koos" <torikoos@> wrote:
        > >
        > > great news Andrew,
        > >
        > > I'll sure be ordering a few SBOOST items in due course.
        > > One question, with the higher current output, is this also available in programming track mode with JMRI, so that decoders with higher current draw (for example QSI Revolution etc) can be programmed easier?
        > >
        > > Thanks, Koos
        > >
        > > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "andrew_croslanduk" <andrewcrosland@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I am pleased to announce that we have finally released the SPROG 3 and SBOOST on the SPROG DCC website.
        > > >
        > > > SPROG 3 is a higher current version of SPROG II that can supply up to 2.5 Amps to the track. Ideal for running a larger layout than is possible with a SPROG II.
        > > >
        > > > SBOOST is a 2.5 Amp booster, ideal for using a SPROG II with a larger layout. Even larger layouts can be split into power districts, each driven by an SBOOST with no need for further overload protection. SBOOST can be configured for auto-reverse operation to drive a reverse loop.
        > > >
        > > > SPROG II is now version 3. Functionally it is the same as the original SPROG II but the redesign allows a slight reduction in price.
        > > >
        > > > User guides are available from the download page of the SPROG DCC web site
        > > >
        > > > Andrew

      • andrew_croslanduk
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2012
          We can ship (almost) antwhere :-)

          Andrew

          --- In sprog-dcc@..., "K2K Koos" <torikoos@...> wrote:

          > Hi Andrew,
          >
          > The Revolution was a DCC decoder made by QSI until recently, it has now been superseded with a newer version called Titan (among others now stereo sound etc).
          >
          > Anyway, several users of QSI decoders have reported that due to the higher current draw of these decoders, sometimes CV's don't get 'received' even after repeated tries in programming track mode.
          > Most functions work fine,on the SPROGII (and every other decoder not a problem) but there are a few that I can't seem to get changed on mine, and I'm told that a more powerful signal to the decoder might just be the ticket. (other than forking out a lot of money for a dedicated programmer to QSI only, which is too much for me as I only have 1 QSI decoder in my fleet, the rest are Tsunami's, and in future will be joined by Loksound decoders).
          >
          > Anyway, do you ship to the Netherlands? I'm based in the UK, but travel for work and take a few projects with me to work on, currently a lot in NL, so if I could order mine to be shipped there that would be great.
          >
          > Cheers, Koos
          >

          > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "andrew_croslanduk" <andrewcrosland@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I don't know what a QSI Revolution is :-(
          > >
          > > Is a SPROG II not able to program it? It can handle other sound decoders (including QSI).
          > >
          > > Andrew
          > >
          > > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "K2K Koos" <torikoos@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > great news Andrew,
          > > >
          > > > I'll sure be ordering a few SBOOST items in due course.
          > > > One question, with the higher current output, is this also available in programming track mode with JMRI, so that decoders with higher current draw (for example QSI Revolution etc) can be programmed easier?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks, Koos

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 14, 2012
            Koos,

            I was beginning to doubt my sanity when I could program one of a pair of identical Atlas diesels with QSI series 7 decoders perfectly using the SPROG II but not the other. I wonder if it's the same thing?

            Mark K