Re: Sprog II & JMRI 2.14 - no response / no reply

  • thomasmclae
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 10, 2012
      Mark,
      When you broke the system down to move, did you happen to disconnect the power supply?

      I went nuts one day trying to figure out why two new Sprogs would sometimes work, and then not. (After replacing a bad power supply)
      Turns out the polarity of the power feed matters. I swapped the polarity of the power wires, and the magic returned!

      One wire is marked ("+" or white stripe). This wire goes to the outside connector.
      Thomas
      DeSoto, TX

      --- In sprog-dcc@..., "f7warbonnet" <santafeman@...> wrote:

      > I have exactly the same problem. Didn't work on one laptop so installed on another. Work great right off. Shut down packed up the laptop took it to a train show three days later and now get error 306.
    • andrew_croslanduk
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 20, 2012
        MArk,

        Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't notice this post.

        No one need ever be left with "an expensive sprog laying here that isn't even heavy enough to use as a paperweight"!

        I'm guesing you ar ein the US, is that correct? I don't know much about consumer legislation in the US, but in Europe your first step would be to return it to the retailer. If that doesn't help please contact our US distributor http://www.sprog.us.com/

        Regards,

        Andrew Crosland
        http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk