Re: Odd occurances with 4 digiti addressing

  • Andy Sollis
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
      Andrew,
      Nope that just locked F0 on and can't switch it off. Throttle works but still noting on the other Function keys.

      Andy

      Posted by: "andrew_croslanduk" andrewcrosland@... andrew_croslanduk
      Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:51 am
      OK. send the command "M h800" followed by the command "W".

      Now see if the functions work correctly.

      It seems that a fix I thought I had applied to all new SPROGs didn't
      actually get done.

      Andrew

      --- In sprog-dcc@..., "Andy Sollis" <Andy@...> wrote:

      > Andrew.
      >
      > Sending M command gives:
      >
      > cmd: "m"
      > rep: "M=h080C
      > P> "
      >
      > Andy
      >

      > 1.1.
      > Re: Odd occurances with 4 digiti addressing
      > Posted by: "andrew_croslanduk" andrewcrosland@...
      andrew_croslanduk
      > Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:02 pm
      > Andy,
      >
      > In DecoderPro, open a command monitor window and a send command
      > window (on the SPROG menu). Send an M in the send command window.
      >
      > What result do you get in the monitor?
      >
      > Andrew
      >
      > --- In sprog-dcc@..., "andy_sollis" <Andy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > > Following on from my "problem" of not being able to test lights, I
      > > came across a real stumper the other night. Trying to find the CV
      > of a
      > > LEnz Silver in a Bachmann 57, I noticed the lights flash when
      > reading
      > > CV's. Nothing new there. I then tested the model. Ran fine, but I
      > > couldn't get the lights to come on with the function keys ???
      > Nothing
      > > odd there, I have other locos which also do this. However, a
      problem
      > > with the loco address gave cause to renumber from 5708 to 08 (ie 4
      > > digit to two digit addressing) and low and behold if the lights
      now
      > > came on at both ends ?
      > >
      > > Now it does seem odd that I can't get lights to come on with other
      > > decoders that are also at 4 digit addresses, but all those with 2
      > work
      > > fine ? same goes for the SWD Loksound 3 chip, no sound when on 4
      > > digits, but change it to 2 and all works well ?
      > >
      > > Any thoughts (Other than have everything at 2 digit
      addressing ? :-
      > ))
      > >
      > > Andy Sollis
      > > HMRS 5031

    • Rick Knight
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
        Andrew, I have not tried the resistor in series with the track feed yet. Can you make a suggestion as to the value of the resistor that would be appropriate ? Left to my own devices I would try 100 ohms.
        Rick.